Terms and Conditions
This system is intended for developers and early adventurous users to try using our Solid platform as we continue to develop and refine it. solid.redpencil.io is run by
P.P. Rubensstraat 37a
VAT BE 0681.569.312
IBAN BE68 7360 4161 9734
We reserve the right to change or modify this policy at any time.
To use this system, you must understand that we cannot make guarantees of any sort with respect to the security and privacy of data that you may store in our Solid pod with respect to the functionality and availability of the system.
Consequently, Solid Pods on solid.redpencil.io should not be used to store personal data, or any data that is otherwise sensitive, private, confidential, or intended in any way for commercial use.
When you use Solid, information is stored in your Solid pod and in the Solid pods of other users, depending on the actions you take and the apps you use. You and other Solid pod users control who has access to that information. Some information, like your solid profile, is public.
As a user of solid.redpencil.io, you have the responsibility to understand what data you are storing in your Pod, whom that data is shared with, and what, if any, data you have made public.
If you add public information to Solid then you must expect this information to be visible to anyone. You must ensure that such data is appropriate, as set out below, and also suitable for the legal jurisdictions and cultural communities in which you are connected. Information shared with a limited set of people must also be written responsibly and read discerningly.
By using solid.redpencil.io, you agree not to misuse the system or to assist or enable anyone else to misuse the system. For example, you must not do, or attempt to do, any of the following in connection with solid.redpencil.io services:
- violate the law in any way, including by storing, publishing or sharing illegal material, including material that's fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of solid.redpencil.io;
- access, search, or create accounts for solid.redpencil.io by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, by "scraping" or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more storage space than deserved;
- circumvent storage space limits;
- sell the services of solid.redpencil.io unless specifically authorized to do so;
- harass or abuse solid.redpencil.io system operators, representatives or agents performing services on behalf of us;
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others;
- use solid.redpencil.io to violate any law or regulation.